GRADUATE COMMERCIAL SURVEYORS
We are hiring graduate surveyors to join our Commercial division in Birmingham, Oxford, London and Winchester. This is a varied and interesting graduate role requiring project and business management skills with hands-on delivery to provide property services to a wide range of clients.
Our two-year Commercial graduate structured training offers a wide range of experience allowing you to work across almost all areas of our business. The training focuses on the completion of the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Throughout the two-years, graduates will gain experience either through rotating (6, 8 or 12 month rotations) or through working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Assisting with a variety of the following:
- Agency (including leasing/lettings and purchase/sale)
- Valuation (formal RICS Red Book Valuations to other appraisals)
- Management (including Asset Management including day-to-day rent collection, service charge, reconciliation and management)
- Landlord and Tenant (including rent reviews and lease renewals)
- Development (including development appraisals and planning)
- Strategic Real Estate Consultancy (Corporate Real Estate and International)
- Inspection, Measurement and Building Pathology
- Assisting in the delivery of projects.
- Client interaction including visiting client sites.
- Taking an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Developing your skills, experience and competency to gain chartered status.
- Assisting in the day to day running of the commercial office
Carter Jonas are active members of SIOR (www.sior.com) and therefore offer opportunities to join their events including bi-annual conferences in Europe as well as twice yearly conferences in the US, which a number of Carter Jonas graduates have attended in the past. We also have associations throughout Europe.
It is preferred that you will have a RICS recognised degree, (we will also look at the benefits of considering non-cognate applicants) as well as experience within a commercial practice gained through work experience or placements. You will have excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients.
WE OFFER YOU:
We offer a structured training programme, including regular monthly forums in the local offices and twice yearly national graduate APC training away days. You will have an assigned RICS Counsellor and Supervisor together with a Mentor throughout your programme. We will ensure that you will be well prepared for your sitting of your APC, with regular assessments by current Counsellor and Assessors to ensure you achieve the full level of competency and up to five days study leave. Our aim is not only to help you a qualified RICS surveyor but also for you to develop as a rounded business individual.
In addition, we pay your APC registration fee, your first APC final assessment and study leave, plus 25 days annual leave and a great working environment.
You will be asked to respond to a number of questions about your academic achievements and work experience. We also ask you about your motivations and interest in a career in property as well as any extracurricular activities.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.