GRADUATE COMMERCIAL SURVEYOR - PROPERTY & ASSET MANAGEMENT
We are hiring a graduate surveyor to join our Commercial division in Cambridge. This is a varied and interesting graduate role requiring project and business management skills with hands-on delivery to provide property services to a wide range of clients. The successful candidate will spend 12 months in Property and Asset Management team with a further 12 months split between Valuations and Agency.
Our two-year Commercial graduate structured training offers a wide range of experience allowing you to work across almost all areas of our business. The training focuses on the completion of the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Assisting with a variety of the following:
- Property and Asset Management
- Agency (including leasing/lettings and purchase/sale)
- Landlord and Tenant (including rent reviews and lease renewals)
- Strategic real estate consultancy and options appraisals
- Client interaction including visiting client sites.
- Taking an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Developing your skills, experience and competency to gain chartered status.
- Assisting in the day to day running of the commercial office
It is preferred that you will have a RICS recognised degree as well as experience within a commercial practice gained through work experience or placements. You will have excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients. It is also essential that you have a full UK driving licence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a structured training programme, regular assessments to ensure you achieve the full level of competency and up to five days study leave. In addition, we pay your APC registration fee, your first APC final assessment and study leave, plus 25 days annual leave and a great working environment.
You will be asked to respond to a number of questions about your academic achievements and work experience and to write a covering letter. We also ask you about your motivations and interest in a career in property as well as any extracurricular activities.
Deadline for applications: midnight on 29th November.
Starting September 2020.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.