GRADUATE COMMERCIAL SURVEYORWe are hiring ambitious Graduate Surveyors to join our Commercial division in London, Cambridge and Oxford, Summertown. This is a varied and interesting graduate role requiring project and business management skills with hands-on delivery to provide property services to a wide range of clients.Our two-year Commercial graduate structured training offers a wide range of experience allowing you to work across almost all areas of our business. The training focuses on the completion of the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) through the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Throughout the two-years, graduates will gain experience either through rotating (6, 8 or 12 month rotations) or through working within a multi-disciplinary team. Clients are at the heart of what we do, so ensuring you develop and maintain strong relationships with our clients is essential, this includes attending client meetings and prepare communications and reports.
- Assisting with a variety of the following:
- Agency (including leasing/lettings and purchase/sale)
- Valuation (formal RICS Red Book Valuations to other appraisals)
- Management (including Asset Management including day-to-day rent collection, service charge, reconciliation and management)
- Landlord and Tenant (including rent reviews and lease renewals)
- Development (including development appraisals and planning)
- Strategic Real Estate Consultancy (Corporate Real Estate and International)
- Inspection, Measurement and Building Pathology
- Assisting in the delivery of projects.
- Client interaction including visiting client sites.
- Taking an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Developing your skills, experience and competency to gain chartered status.
- Assisting in the day to day running of the commercial office
Carter Jonas are active members of SIOR (www.sior.com) and therefore offer opportunities to join their events including bi-annual conferences in Europe as well as twice yearly conferences in the US, which a number of Carter Jonas graduates have attended in the past. We also have associations throughout Europe.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are looking for forward thinking graduates with a can-do attitude, you will have the ability to manage multiple project and deal with a variety of work. You will ideally be studying a RICS accredited degree, however, we welcome applications from those studying a non-accredited degree who are looking to pursue a career in Commercial Surveying. You will also have experience within a Commercial practice gained through work experience or placements. It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
From day one of our scheme you will be invested in. We offer a structured training programme, an APC supervisor or counsellor, and regular assessments to ensure you achieve the full level of competency required for your APC. In addition, we pay your APC registration fee and your first APC final assessment, and offer up to five days study leave.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave. As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
- Approachable – we treat every relationship with respect, integrity & warmth
- Effective – we do what we say we will, we do it well & we’re accountable
- Ambitious – we are ambitious for our clients and our firm
Start date: September 2021
You will be asked to respond to a number of questions about your academic achievements and work experience and to write a covering letter. We also ask you about your motivations and interest in a career in property as well as any extracurricular activities. We ask you to provide reference contact details, one educational and one employment.
Application deadline: Thursday 5th November at 11:59pm
If the graduate scheme isn’t for you, we offer work experience, Internship courses and 12-month placements. For more information on our Graduate scheme apply below or click the link for more information!