We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join our Commercial Client Accounts Team in Summertown, Oxford. This is great role for someone immediately available wanting to gain further experience whilst possibly studying towards their AAT qualification. You will be assisting the accounting processes, routines, and procedures in connection with the Commercial client portfolio ensuring the best service is provided to both clients and property managers.
- Responsible for running, and maintaining the commercial client accounts purchase and sales ledger
- Invoice processing
- Recharges to tenants
- Remittances to suppliers and clients
- Handling purchase and sales ledger related queries
- Weekly review and monitoring of creditor balances
- Daily receipt processing
- Recording of debtor payment plans on the TRAMPS system
- The setup of new debtors
- Assist where necessary with the gathering and compilation of invoices for reporting purposes
- Assist with others duties where required
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
Ability to manage time and workloads to best support the business, with a methodical approach, strong prioritisation and organisational skills.
The chosen accounts assistant will have sound interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate accounts issues to non-accounting people.
Good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook, and accounting software.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm