- To manage the accounting processes, routines and procedures in connection with the Commercial client portfolio assigned, ensuring best service is provided to both internal and external clients.
- Management of Commercial Client Accounts team
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with all parties you work with, ensuring compliance is adhered to with all legislation in connection with the financial management of these clients.
- Review and improve the systems currently in place
- Monthly client reporting
- Quarterly client reporting
- Annual financial reporting including liaising with clients auditors
- Submission of VAT returns and preparation of VAT reports
- Production of service charge budget certificates
- Service charge reconciliations
- Weekly audits
- Processing tax receipts
- Manage clients with head leases
- Rates payments process
- Reconciliation and control of deposit monies through weekly reconciliation of general deposit account and individual deposit account vs deposit details on TRAMPS
- Utility recharge calculation / posting / certificate production for four clients
- Complex client, property manager and tenant queries
- Weekly reconciliation of management fee payments vs management fees raised
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of any legislation particular to your portfolio of clients.
- Liaising with third parties (e.g. accountants) and clients in providing information and reports as required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
We are seeking an experienced Accountant / Accounts Manager who has previous experience of managing a team. You must be competent in managing accounting processes and have dealt with a portfolio of clients or high volumes of transactions and complex processes. You must have excellent communication skills, enabling you to build and relationships with all parties you work with. Previous property accounting experience is highly desired, professional services or practice experience will be considered. You will have a sound understanding of VAT, service charges and legislation in connection to the portfolio of clients.
A full job description can be obtained from the Recruitment team. firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.