We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our Commercial Property Management team at our vibrant head office at Chapel Place. If you have an interest in Property and are keen to build up your Administration experience, this is the perfect role to kickstart your career.
As the team Administrator, you will support the team with creating reports and presentations, developing internal processes to increase efficiency, and assist with the preparation of annual property budgets and reconciliations to ensure a smooth day to day running of our nationwide portfolio of properties.
- Produce accurate and well-presented documents including reports, client correspondence, presentations and spreadsheets within agreed time frames
- Copy and audio typing, and drafting of letters, reports, invoices, property particulars etc.
- Input to diaries and organising meetings
- Accurately process fee accounts and out of pocket expenses, assisting with budgets and forecasts as required
- Provide a high level of efficiency and customer service to all who visit or contact the office
- Handling enquiries over the telephone or personally in reception and taking any necessary action
- General office duties such as filing, photocopying, etc.
- Maintain close communication with other administrators across different divisions to ensure efficient running of the department at all times
- Effectively liaise with other relevant professionals to maintain a sound working knowledge of all relevant areas of work
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of compliance information such as Money Laundering and clients’ compliance systems (for administrative purposes)
- Receiving attendees for meetings and arranging refreshments
- Assist Surveyors in the smooth day to day running of a nationwide portfolio of properties.
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Commercial team including call handling, filing (within compliance standards), marketing, proof reading and other administrative duties.
- Assist with the preparation of annual property budgets and reconciliations.
- Provide general administration and In House marketing support to Commercial Dept.
- Update records and maximise the use of databases to ensure all applicant details are up to date and to source potential fee generating opportunities.
- Play an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Work strategically with other departments to develop new business development opportunities and for consistency and efficiency.
- Provide a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients who visit or contact the office.
- Carry out timely and accurate administration of databases (including deals done, availability schedules etc).
- Liaising with clients, tenants and contractors in a polite and efficient manner.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
We require an administrator who has experience of supporting a team. You must have experience of working in a busy customer focused environment, knowledge of the property industry is desirable, but not essential, you will need to have an interest in our industry and be eager to learn on the job.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.