We are looking for an organised, self-motivated individual to assist with maintaining our rural terrier database as well as providing admin support for the wider Client Accounting team, based at our Shrewsbury office on a part-time basis to cover maternity leave for up to 12 months.
- Add new clients and their property portfolios to the database
- Enter new leases and rent reviews on to the system on a timely basis, together with setting up new tenants, properties and units where this is required.
- Ensure that the correct transaction type and VAT code are entered for all new leases and that the debtor maintenance fields are correctly completed.
- Generate back rent demands as appropriate following rent reviews.
- Raise the monthly rent demands via the ‘Charge Raising’ process.
- Surrender leases as required and ensure any rent post cessation is adjusted for.
- Have a thorough understanding of the different types of lease.
- Carry out all administrative duties in connection with the role
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
The successful Administrator will have previous experience in an administration or customer service role, with strong IT skills, exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload. Excellent communication skills are paramount for this role, it will involve supporting all aspects of the maintenance and updating of our property terrier system, dealing with telephone queries from tenants and other Carter Jonas personnel, and support with other general administrative tasks within the Client Accounting team.
This is a part-time role working three full days from Wednesday to Friday, 9am to 5.15pm - however we would look at Monday - Friday shorter days, 10am - 3pm for example.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm