We are excited to announce we are looking to appoint our first Level 7 RTPI Apprentice Planner to join our Planning & Development division in Cambridge. The role will be suitable for school leavers completing their secondary education (A Levels) in summer 2019. This will be a varied and interesting role providing high quality training opportunities and delivering key support to the Planning and Development team engaged on a wide range of planning applications and projects. We expect the successful candidate to work towards a RTPI recognised degree qualification via distance learning from an accredited RTPI Planning School.
- Liaising and communicating with colleagues on day to day planning instructions and projects so developing the necessary skills towards becoming a Chartered Planner
- Learning how to provide planning advice to colleagues and clients on a variety of planning matters ranging from site assessments, to planning histories, policy analysis etc.
- Helping to manage external consultants responsible for producing work to support clients’ planning applications and appeals
- Helping to prepare planning applications and monitoring their progress on behalf of colleagues
- Being involved in negotiations with local authorities and consultees on behalf of clients in the preparation and management of planning applications, appeals and development plan representations
- Helping to prepare and conduct planning appeals via the written representations procedure and assisting colleagues in this regard
- Helping to make representations on behalf of clients to Local Plan consultations
- Learning systems that will prepare you for full-time professional work
You should show commitment and determination and be keen to learn. You should have good A level results; however we are more interested in your personality and ambition and your genuine interest in the subject.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
We will provide you with the support you need to succeed through our mentoring network and payment of your training costs, plus a range of company benefits, 25 days annual leave and a great working environment. The training provider also give additional support and regular meetings to ensure progress through the Apprenticeship programme.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm