Due to internal progression we have a fantastic opportunity to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant to work within our professional finance team in our Peterborough office. The main purpose of the role is to enhance the capabilities of the Finance team as part of a continual drive to develop this key function’s ability to add value to the business. The role requires a balance of collating KPI information as well as being part of the production process for monthly management accounts, statutory accounts and budgets.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE ROLE:
- Working closely with the Management Accountant to ensure accurate allocation of costs within the monthly management accounts. Calculation of accruals, prepayments and depreciation, plus posting of all relevant journals.
- Production and distribution of the monthly management accounts pack to the Management Board, Partners and 80 Profit Centre Heads.
- Maintain and reconcile the Firm’s leased and purchased assets.
- Maintain and reconcile the Firm’s accommodation costs relating to its 37 nationwide offices.
- Production of monthly schedules to support analysis of business performance.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all group companies.
- Provide support and cover for purchase ledger, staff expenses and reporting of income.
- There is an ever increasing demand for accurate and timely information as well as developing and maintaining processes and procedures using up to date technology.
The Assistant Management Accountant will be required to take on a variety of tasks set by management to enhance the reporting ability of the Finance team.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
In order to be considered for the Assistant management Accountant role you must be experienced AAT and actively working towards CIMA or ACCA qualification within a medium to large sized organisation. Fully computer literate with a thorough understanding of Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook. Strong reconciliation skills. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Enthusiastic and pro-active with strong analytical skills, excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills. Being a team player with good problem solving and time management skills is a must.
Experience of Microsoft Dynamics Navision accounting software and recognised reporting tools such as Precision, Jet or Power BI would be advantageous but not essential.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancy’s in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
We offer a supportive working environment and a competitive salary with a fantastic benefits package.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm