We are looking for an AAT qualified Assistant Accountant to assist in managing the accounting processes and ensuring best service is provided to both clients and surveyors, based in our office in Oxford.
Reporting directly to the Property Accountant they will work as part of a fast-paced and busy team to ensure the efficient and accurate reporting of client and tenant funds. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain experience across various finance functions.
- Monthly & quarterly client reporting
- Submission of VAT returns and preparation of VAT reports
- Reconciliation and control of client bank accounts including investigation & correction of reconciling items
- Liaising with tenants and chasing outstanding payments
- Responding to tenant queries
- Processing supplier invoices and preparation of payment runs
- Daily checking numerous bank accounts and allocating receipts to the relevant tenants
- Carrying out all administrative and ad hoc duties in connection with the role
- Ensuring systems are updated on a timely and accurate basis to enable other departments within the organisation to manage effectively
- Having knowledge of VAT in respect of general accounting and in respect of land and property
- Liaising with third parties (e.g. accountants) and clients in providing information and reports as required
- Supporting other members of the client accounting team and providing cover in periods of absence of other team members
In order to be considered for our Assistant Property Accountant role you must be a strong team player who can work well under pressure, use initiative, meet deadlines and prioritise your workload effectively. Be self- motivated with the desire to learn, have a sound understanding of Accounting practices, great interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate finance issues to non-accounting people.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.