Due to successful growth within our Newbury office, we have an exciting opportunity to recruit an Assistant Property Manager to join our team. We are offering flexible working part-time up to 3 or 4 days per week.
- Processing of repairs invoicing and managing expenditure for Landlords
- Manage the sending of Checkout reports at the end of the Tenancy, passing negotiation to the Property Manager thereafter.
- Working with the Office Administrator/ Negotiators to ensure all pre-tenancy works and safety checks are in place for new managed Tenancies.
- Organising all safety Testing in Managed Properties – LRA, GSC, Oil, Chimney Sweeping, EICR, PAT & EPC and maintaining this.
- Introducing the Property Management team to a new Tenant once a new Tenancy has started.
- Booking third party property inspections and in house property inspections for the Property Manager. Liaising with Tenants to coordinate suitable appointments.
- Sending property inspection reports to Landlords and liaising with them to ascertain any necessary repairs/discussions with Tenants as a result of this.
- Filing all documents/emails in correct folders/on RPS and uploading documents to Tenant Portal where necessary.
- Taking phone calls when PM not available and raising emergency works orders/managing Tenant/Landlord expectations and passing relevant instructions to Property Manager.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
In order to be considered for this Assistant Property Manager role you must be extremely well organised, with the ability to multi-task due to the busy nature of the role. Have excellent communication skills with a professional telephone manner. Previous experience within the property sector is preferred however it is not essential.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.