We are seeking an Associate/Associate Partner level Surveyor to join our Commercial division in Birmingham to focus on the Midlands, supporting the commercial team with the provision of real estate advice to existing clients, and contributing to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities.
- Work cross divisionally and occasionally with external consultants, with support from the business development team, to tender for and secure new real estate advisory commissions.
- Liaise with wider Commercial, Planning & Development and Infrastructure teams to identify and develop work streams.
- Work within a project team to research and analyse data.
- Deliver written reports to clients.
- Present advice verbally, potentially to multiple stakeholders.
- Project manage instructions involving multiple Carter Jonas disciplines and/or sub consultants.
- Act as an ambassador for Carter Jonas to raise the profile of the business in the Midlands.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are looking to recruit an MRICS Surveyor with a minimum 5 years PQE. You will have experience gained in a broad property role preferably in the Midlands with excellent financial appraisal skills (particularly development) and good market knowledge. High standard of numeracy and literacy. Excellent communication and time management skills.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm