We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Chartered Surveyor/ Agent to bring their industry experience and knowledge to our Industrial Agency & Development team in London or Birmingham. The focus will be on servicing largely industrial-based clients in the UK, with both industrial and office portfolio’s. Broadly an industrial agency role, with a strong base of existing corporate real estate clients and growing landlord/ developer base. The role will include disposal (lettings/sales and surrenders), as well as acquisition work (Design and Build, sites and buildings), together with consultancy that goes with managing portfolios, thus lease events and industrial-specific advice including development.
Day to day management of mixed property advisory activities including
- Reporting on disposal properties (including development sites)
- Leading and managing disposals including lettings and sales
- Managing acquisitions including reporting of availability and negotiation
- Assisting and preparing board reports for sanction of property transactions
- Business development networking with industrial agents and developers
- Pro-actively participate in the management and development of a strong team
- Strategically work with other departments to develop new fee opportunities (cross selling) and to maintain consistency and efficiency
- Secure new instructions from existing and new clients
- Assist the team Partners with presentations to win new business and handling larger instructions requiring team working
- Increase the profile of the Carter Jonas Commercial Division
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking a chartered surveyor with a minimum of 3 years PQE, the chosen candidate will have excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients, have the ability to multi-task effectively to meet deadlines, strong analytical and report writing skills along with Commercial Acumen.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm