We are seeking an experienced Building Surveyor to join our growing Building Consultancy team in Leeds operating for a diverse range of clients.
As an ambitious and growing business, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can establish themselves and make a significant contribution to developing this business. Your key responsibilities will include generating fees through the management and development of existing and new clients, whilst contributing towards the achievement of key objectives for the wider team.
Providing a comprehensive building surveying service to our clients, you will advise and support the wider team on commercial business space (offices, retail and industrial premises) together with both residential and rural properties. You will be required to prepare schedules of dilapidation and will lead on the subsequent negotiations with opposing clients and professional representatives. The successful candidate will the opportunity to manage projects, Contract Administration and design for refurbishment.
Involving frequent travel, this role will require a full driving license.
OTHER KEY TASKS INCLUDE:
- Undertake Principal Designer role for small projects where necessary to comply with CDM 2015 for in-house and external clients.
- Provide Party Wall etc Act 1996 service to Building and Adjoining owners.
- Prepare and advise clients on Preventative Planned Maintenance and strategies for implementing the same.
- Investigating and advising client on specific building problems / defects.
- Development Monitoring on behalf of a Landlord, Tenant or for bank lending purposes.
- Reinstatement Cost Assessment advice for a broad range of property types in locations across the UK.
- Undertaking DDA access audits.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
An in-depth knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation and the ability to project manage, investigate and advise on specific building defects are essential. Computer literate, you will have knowledge of Computer Aided Design Packages (AutoCad) and competence in Microsoft Office Suite. You will be a member of the RICS.
You will be ambitious and passionate about business development and growing client relationships. Motivated by a fast-paced environment, you must supportive and collaborative team player proactively participating in supporting other team members.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential.
We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm