Carter Jonas is looking to appoint a new Associate Partner/Partner in the Bristol office to head up its growing Planning Team. Working with the Head of Planning and Development to expand the firms Planning and Development hub based in Bristol and serving the South West region. This is an opportunity for an experienced Planning professional to shape and influence the direction and strategy of our South West Planning and Development Team. They will assist in generating fees through dealing with a variety of Planning and Development matters, enhancing existing client relationships and securing new clients, and to contribute towards achieving the financial and other objectives of the Planning and Development Division Business Plan.
This is an exciting time to join Carter Jonas and the role will suit anyone who has the experience, ambition and drive to be part of a successful and growing team. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package including generous holiday leave, a discretionary annual bonus scheme, pension contributions, life assurance and car allowance.
- The provision of professional Planning and Development advice to internal and external clients on a variety of planning matters
- Negotiations with local authorities and other statutory undertakers on behalf of clients in relation to the promotion of sites, planning applications and other related matters
- Preparation of written representations, and attending and participating in informal hearings, public inquiry appeals and examination hearings
- Contributing towards the smooth running and promotion of the Planning and Development Division and Carter Jonas
- Overseeing the work of more junior members of the Team
- Developing new business for the Planning and Development Team, and where appropriate, promoting the other services offered by Carter Jonas.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will be MRTPI qualified with at least 5 years post qualification experience in a Planning and/or Development role. You will have sound knowledge of the Bristol and South West property market, with a background in consultancy or local authority. As an experienced professional, you will be able to generate new business and develop key relationships both internally and externally. You will have experience of managing a team or junior colleagues supporting them in their development.
A full job description is available on request. Please contact email@example.com
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm