We are seeking an experienced Associate Partner or Partner level Energy Specialist to head our Infrastructure & Energy Team in Cambridge who will lead on the identification, negotiation, acquisition and development of energy projects across the UK and grow our Cambridge Energy Team. Our services include Land Assembly, Grid Consultancy, Planning & Consenting, Energy Brokerage, Asset Management, Development Consultancy, Valuation & Due Diligence and Agency & Investment.
- Leading the development and growth of the team.
- Winning new business and cross selling work.
- Identifying sites, landowners and infrastructure routes.
- Screening of potential energy development sites and advising on opportunities.
- Grid connection screening and advisory.
- Preparation of feasibility studies and options appraisals.
- Preparation of planning applications and stakeholder management.
- Drafting and negotiating heads of terms, and option & lease agreements.
- Completing detailed investment appraisals, due diligence and valuations.
- Negotiating the acquisition and disposal of energy assets.
- Attending industry events & drafting press articles and publications to promote and develop business.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
The chosen candidate will have a sound knowledge and understanding of energy technologies and the various technical and environmental constraints involved. Experience of advising and managing clients across multiple different projects at differing stages, excellent project management skills and strong communication skills both written and verbal. You will also have experience of public speaking and a full clean driving licence.
We are seeking a candidate of Associate Partner level or above, ideally a member of RICS and a Registered Valuer, who has relevant experience and achievements in the energy sector.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm