An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Surveyor to join our new and growing Commercial Valuations team in Birmingham as an Associate/Associate Partner. The Associate/Associate Partner will be responsible for leading and providing focussed growth of Commercial Valuations across Birmingham. They will also be key in building client relations and working with the existing division Partner to grow the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new and challenging role to progress their career further.
- Work within the existing valuation team in Birmingham, providing valuations for loan security (vacant possession and investment), internal decision making purposes, tax and financial reporting purposes.
- Carry out inspections, calculating floor and site areas, comparable research, demographic and economic research, planning and statutory enquiries, company trading analysis, lease reading and summarising, development / option agreement reading and reviewing, preparation of valuations / development appraisals
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying new business opportunities across the Commercial valuation sector.
- Assist in the delivery of major projects.
- Financial and client reporting.
- Delivery of valuation reports in accordance with client instructions and RICS Valuation Standards.
- Participation in the ongoing development and implementation of an effective profit centre business plan developed in-line with the Carter Jonas vision.
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
We cover the whole of Birmingham area and report on a wide range of properties including:
- Residential development (Greenfield / brownfield development sites and redevelopment of existing buildings, including permitted development rights projects)
- Viability assessments for developers and local authorities
- Commercial and mixed use developments
- Industrial and warehouses
- Offices (in town and out of town)
- Retail (high street and retail warehouses)
- Educational sector (Universities, FE Colleges and Schools)
- Specialist property valuations e.g. fire and police stations
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will be a MRICS Chartered Surveyor with at least three years post qualification experience in a Commercial Valuations role. As an experienced surveyor in valuations, you will also ideally be a RICS Registered Valuer with strong working knowledge of relevant legislation. You will have a proven track record in developing existing clients to as well as identifying new business opportunities to contribute and drive forward growth within the team/business.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm