We are looking for an experienced RICS Chartered Surveyor to join our Commercial Property and Asset Management team based in Oxford. The post holder will assist growth of the firm’s Commercial Property and Asset Management team in Oxford and contribute to the effective leadership and management of finances to achieve and exceed budget which will strengthening Carter Jonas’ profile within this market. Additionally, the post holder will help to ensure that all our services are effectively communicated to clients, and staff, to maximise cross selling.
The post holder will assist with the management of the Office Commercial Property & Asset Management department and will help to identify and implement asset management opportunities. Other key duties will include:
- Liaison with the Head of Commercial Client accounting to help deliver a first-class client service
- Collection of rents and other monies due, including chasing of arrears
- Administration of property insurance including apportionment of premiums, raising and issue of invoices
- Dealing with rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Assisting with annual, monthly and other inspections
- Provide sound advice and effective management for a wide range of property industry and private clients.
- Develop new clients for the firm and grows the business with a constant awareness of the need to be profitable, whilst being mindful of the firm’s heritage and values.
- Work closely with other offices to develop business opportunities, and promote their division and profit centre, both internally and externally.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
An MRICS Chartered Surveyor with a thorough understanding of all relevant legislature including L&T Act 1954, L&T Cov. Act 1995. The post holder will have strong client management and communication skills and will have the ability to drive business initiatives forward in a confident and personable manner
Involving frequent travel, this role will require a full driving license.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm