We're looking for experienced surveyors who have worked in the telecoms sector for a minimum of 5 years, are ideally MRICS qualified and are registered valuers due to an increase in client base and instructions over the last 12 months.
As sector specialists in fixed, mobile and broadcast telecoms property advice, we help clients to understand complex issues and risks to their property and land where it is impacted by existing and proposed rights. Those clients range from private individuals to international property investment funds across all asset types and regions of the UK.
Our multi-disciplinary approach to telecoms will see you working with colleagues from our wider infrastructures team and also the other divisions within Carter Jonas to deliver class leading advice and thought leadership to existing and new clients. This role expects candidates to have experience in providing written and verbal advice to clients, backed by a deep understanding of the market, case law, the Code and landlord and tenant matters.
The role would suit someone who has a background operator estate or portfolio management, or infrastructure asset/porfolio managers. You will be focussed less on transactional matters but rather providing strategic and tactical advice along with supporting on litigation and expert witness reports to internal and external clients. Due to the scope of Carter Jonas' work in infrastructures and beyond, there are opportunities to broaden experience across property consultancy.
You will be expected to:
- Provide professional property advice to clients on all matters relating to Electronic Communications (fixed, mobile)
- Produce valuation reports for a variety of client purposes (disposals, litigation, portfolio).
- Set out in report form strategic and tactical advice for clients on “lift and shift” requirements and/or in obtaining vacant possession.
- Work with client legal teams (internal and external) in supporting where litigation is contemplated or in progress (in both Landlord & Tenant 1954 Act or Code cases).
- Advise clients on asset/portfolio management of telecoms infrastructure, or where telecoms is located on multiple client properties.
- Support and develop knowledge and understanding of other telecoms team members.
- Identify and develop new and existing client work, acting as a principal point of contact.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are looking for someone with a minimum of four years post qualification experience, with the ability to drive business initiatives forward in a confident and personable manner and able to establish new and maintain existing relationships. The Surveyor chosen for the role will have sound team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients, competent in people management initiatives, who is numerate with strong written and verbal communication. A good working knowledge of relevant legislation and case law.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm