We are currently recruiting an Associate Partner level Surveyor to join our Infrastructures team in Leeds. The person will be responsible for providing property services including temporary access, acquisition, CPO, compensation and valuation advice to Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects including Rail, Road, Energy and Transport. To assist in leading, developing and delivering 'best in class' strategic and tactical advice to clients in the infrastructure sector.
- Assist in the delivery of major Infrastructure projects for National Bodies and Corporate investors.
- Delivery of valuation reports in accordance with client instructions and RICS Valuation Standards.
- Develop and undertake new business/relationship opportunities and drive forward initiatives in the local area
- Source sites for Infrastructure developments
- Undertake option and lease negotiations, valuations and general professional negotiations
- Feasibility and development appraisals
- Site brokerage and at all times ensuring that high quality standards of service level and professional behaviour are adhered to
- Negotiation of disturbance claims following works.
- Consents for access across third party land for works.
- Assist in the management and guidance of all activities undertaken in the area.
- Provide specialist advice in respect of statutory and sectorial process changes
- The negotiation and management of lease events and asset acquisition and disposals.
- Identification and optimisation of opportunities and the mitigation of risks and liabilities.
- Implementing new policies and procedures to increase productivity and efficiency
- Leading on opportunities through to acquisition, including detailed due diligence, the negotiation of transfer agreements, and project management of capital works where necessary
- Effective team working in light and heavy matrix scenarios moving between the client and Carter Jonas’s offices and teams.
- An active role in the continuous development of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Management of surveyors working across the team
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team through their professional development
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
The chosen Surveyor will be RICS qualified with PQE in a rural/infrastructures surveying role with current knowledge and awareness of the market. You ill have a background of rural practice ideally with demonstrable cross sector property experience. Compulsory Purchase/Compensation experience desirable. Experience of delivering and managing multiple projects with strong analytical & problem solving skills. A good working knowledge of relevant legislation is required along with a full driving licence.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm