We have an exciting growth opportunity for experienced Associates/ Associate Partners to join our growing Project Consultancy teams in four of our hub offices - Leeds, London and Oxford as Project Managers. These are new and varied roles which will enable someone who is proactive and knowledgeable within commercial property to help strengthen Carter Jonas’ profile within the market and project consultancy.As part of the project consultancy team, the role involves supporting the development of a credible business stream within the network of our commercial teams and managing key client projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. You will assist with effective leadership and management of both people and finances to achieve and exceed budget; and ensure all services are communicated to clients, and staff, to maximise cross selling, and increase market share in order to achieve the objectives and vision of Carter Jonas.We offer a highly competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including 25 days annual leave, pension contribution, life assurance and flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for all phases of project management including procurement, design, construction, occupancy, quality control, staffing, and budget management
- Interface with clients to define project requirements. Establish project work plan and deadlines.
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets, and generates reports on status
- Monitor project costs to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
- Manage all facets of project design, construction, and occupancy
- Manage project team by providing direction and leadership
- Facilitate client meetings regarding project matters
- Work closely with other functional areas of the organization, project contractors, internal team members, external collaborators, customers and suppliers
- People management – line management of staff and maintaining excellent customer relationships. Mentoring, development, coaching, recruitment and appraising.
- New work – lead with the production of fee proposals, bid documents, processes and information for other work or new projects.
- Networking – keep abreast of best practice within the industry by maintaining contact with peers in other market sectors.
- Regular contact and sharing of information with Carter Jonas management team
- Business Development – Seeking and securing new opportunities in order to support the growth of the team
This job description is not exhaustive, and the jobholder may be required to undertake additional relevant duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the team.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SUCCESSFUL
You will ideally be MRICS qualified (or equivalent) with a background in built environment and commercial property. You will be able to demonstrate a wide range of experience across both public and private sector clients. You will have experience within the role of a project manger as well as an employers agent and contracts administrator. As a passionate and proactive project manager, you will be able to take ownership and lead on project delivery and see projects through to completion. You will also have a strong understanding of appointment documents, contracts, funding agreements and lease agreements.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm