We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit an Associate level Surveyor to join our infrastructure team in Birmingham to provide property services including temporary access, acquisition, CPO, compensation and valuation advice to landowners impacted by Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects including Rail, Road, Energy and Transport. To assist in leading, developing and delivering 'best in class' strategic and tactical advice to clients in the infrastructure sector.
- Negotiation of option agreements and financial terms against utility companies
- Develop and undertake new business/relationship opportunities and drive forward initiatives in the local area with a particular focus on Claimants/landowners
- Negotiation of disturbance claims following works.
- Consents for access across third party land for works.
- Negotiation of compensation claims arising from construction works
- An active role in the continuous development of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Implementation of policy as required and ensuring legal compliance on all work carried out.
- Management of surveyors working across the team
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the team through their professional development
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
The ideal Surveyor will be RICS qualified with at least 2 years PQE in a rural/infrastructures surveying role. You will have current knowledge and awareness of the market, a background of rural practice ideally with demonstrable cross sector property experience. Experience of delivering and managing multiple projects along with strong analytical & problem solving skills and a good working knowledge of relevant legislation. Compulsory Purchase/Compensation experience desirable. A full driving licence required.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm