We are seeking a Rural Surveyor to assist with the management of estates for private and institutional clients. The successful Surveyor will have responsibility for delivering a mix of valuation, landlord and tenant, compensation and other professional work for an expanding client base while identifying and developing new business opportunities. This is a varied rural management role for a proactive experienced Chartered Surveyor.
- Effectively assist with key Estate Management activities including landlord and tenant matters, lettings and residential property management, rent reviews, diversification and environmental schemes
- Contribution to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities including general professional work.
- Client relationship management
- Property maintenance and improvement schemes
- Using and updating client mapping databases
- Undertake site visits
- Direct client contact
- Provide financial and client reporting as required
- Contribute to the growth of the business by identifying and developing viable fee earning opportunities
- Actively assist in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources
- Work with other departments to develop new opportunities and to maintain consistency and efficiency
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
The chosen Surveyor will have good working knowledge of Estate Management issues, excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients. Good negotiating and presentational skills, along with the ability to multi-task effectively to meet deadlines. Sound knowledge of relevant agricultural tenancy legislation and practical farming. Driving license and access to a car required.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm