We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a Chartered Rural Surveyor to join our busy, friendly and professional Infrastructure team based in our Warrington office. The Surveyor will be responsible for estate, asset and property management of a varied public sector property portfolio within the county.
- Estate, asset and property management of a varied public sector property portfolio within the county
- Collection of rents and other monies due, including chasing of arrears
- Assisting with the preparation of service charge budgets and issue of certificates and additional invoices following service charge reconciliation.
- Administration of property insurance including apportionment of premiums, raising and issue of invoices
- Completing property inspections schedules
- Dealing with rent reviews and lease renewals.
- Identifying and implementing asset management opportunities
- Liaising with Clients, tenants and contractors providing excellent customer care
- Leading public facing communications
- Independently provide and present accurate, timely client reports and analysis and ability to interrogate and challenge data
- Organising repair and maintenance work, including liaising with tenants and contractors, arranging access and checking that works are completed
- Use and assisting with the maintenance of records on the TRAMPS (or alternative) property management and accounting systems
- Management of graduates and surveyors to ensure their professional and technical skills are developed to best service the contract and ensuring they are aware of the client and internal business plans, goals and strategies including effective delegation, coaching, regular reviews, effective communications and balanced feedback
- Manages the relationship with support services to ensure effective client deliverables
- Compulsory purchase and compensation advice
- Negotiation of acquisition of land for infrastructure projects
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We require an Associate level Surveyor with post qualified relevant experience. You will maintain a strong working knowledge of L&T Act 1954, L&T Cov. Act 1995, other appropriate legislation, best practices and relevant methodologies for the work stream and have a strong understanding of health and safety and security requirements for Carter Jonas and the client. Rural Property Management experience with the ability to make an impact across the business in all areas is a must. You will be a subject matter expert who is able to negotiate lease events and asset acquisition and disposal, whilst identifying opportunities and the mitigation of risks and liabilities. You will be able to provide sound advice and effective management for a wide range of property industry and public clients, along with strong project Management skills.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm