We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to join our team of IT professionals to provide timely, accurate and actionable information business wide. The job holder will examine and evaluate BI data and reporting requirements for Divisions and Business Services and manage data integration toolsets between operational databases and Connect (Microsoft CRM).
The BI analyst will support the IT Director in all data insight related projects and support the firm in raising its ability to analyse big data and use of its information for marketing, business development activities and decision making. The BI Analyst will also be encouraged to seek innovations to develop business understanding and insight across the business.
This is a full-time flexible position with the opportunity to work from home.
- Take full responsibility for key reporting areas, producing relevant/useable information to enable recipients to make informed business decisions.
- Provide modelling support to the business to enable accurate future planning decisions to be made.
- Look to develop skill set and knowledge base to provide ability to support other linked business areas – such as Marketing, Research and Business Development activities.
BI and Reporting
- Ensure weekly/monthly reports are delivered accurately and on time so users will always have the latest, most up to date information/analysis.
- Work to develop existing reports and improve division efficiency, without compromising quality or accuracy.
- To, wherever possible, provide reports and analysis in commercial terms to ensure business impact is understood in the clearest possible terms.
- Working with key client project teams to provide value added dashboard technology using Power BI.
Data Integration and Quality
- Develop and maintain the data integration toolset between Connect and the operational databases.
- Investigate and seek to resolve any identified data integrity issues, feeding the analysis back to the source of the issues to attempt to remove possibility of reoccurrence.
- Supporting marketing with checking all new contacts for data quality issues on all Carter Jonas’ databases with the main focus on the Connect database.
- Systematic checking existing issues related to poor data quality and duplication.
- Supporting the strategic objectives of the IT department to produce a data model to include data from the property management and financial system.
- Support the Mapping team in providing the required best practice for data analysis and retrieval within their ESRI technology.
- Ad-hoc checking and reporting on the data quality within each database.
- Being aware of the data protection principles
- Help provide data for various internal projects as required by the IT team, regional teams or senior management.
- Attend IT meetings on a regular basis.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
The chosen BI Analyst will have high attention to detail, proven and relevant experience in working on customer and prospect databases. Knowledge and experience of various data either for a property, professional services or retail company. Excellent communication skills in writing documents, reports and emails. Good oral presentation skills. Optimistic, energetic, driven and has a passion for information and data insights. We are seeking someone with excellent business relationship building skills along with analytical and numeracy skills.
- Excellent MS Excel Knowledge (ideally to encompass VBC), good database/data warehouse knowledge (SQL and MS Access)
- Microsoft Power BI tools
- SQL programming skills to be able to search and extract data sets.
- Developed, maintained and modified DTS Packages using
- Developed, maintained and modified SSIS Packages for use within ETL processes
- Developed SSIS 2012 packages and tabular models and multidimensional cubes through the use of Visual Studio
- Experience using Business Intelligence Development Studio to create and maintain SSIS Packages, SSAS and SSRS projects
- Experienced using SQL Server management studio, creating and maintaining databases, stored procedures, trigger, indexes
- Skilled user of T-SQL using SQL Server to implement Software development projects, through using stored procedure, view and functions.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.