Our clients accounts team are expanding to our Birmingham office and looking for a qualified accountant to assist with managing the client accounting team and our Infrastructure Portfolio of Clients.
Key elements of the role include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of year-end financial accounts
- Preparation of contract farming accounts
- Preparation of cash flows and budgets and reconciliation thereof
- VAT returns involving partial exemption calculations
- Training others on the software used
- Reviewing new software releases and training others on them
- Recruiting additional members of the team
- Carrying out staff appraisals
- Writing and updating standard operating procedures
- Ensuring compliance with the RICS rules
- Payroll management
As with any role within the client accounting function within Carter Jonas, you will be required to undertake whatever task is necessary to provide the level of service expected by both our internal and external clients including:
- Having a full and detailed understanding of the RICS regulations in respect of client accounting.
- Carrying out all administrative and ad hoc duties in connection with the role.
- Ensuring systems are updated on a timely and accurate basis to enable other departments within the organisation to manage effectively.
- Having knowledge of VAT in respect of general accounting and in respect of land and property.
- Having a good overall understanding of leases and general management of your portfolio of clients.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of any legislation particular to your portfolio of clients.
- Liaising with third parties (e.g. accountants) and clients in providing information and reports as required.
- Supporting other members of the client accounting team and providing cover in periods of absence of other team members.
Training will be provided on the various software packages used.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
If you are an ambitious and effective individual with the ability to manage others and build strong working relationships, we want to hear from you. You must have the ability to work to deadlines, strong communication skills and have a good understanding of IT systems skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Previous accounts experience preparing accounts in a chartered practise is preferred
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm