We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our rural client accounting team based in Shrewsbury. This is an excellent opportunity for a ACA or ACCA qualified accountant who is looking for a new challenge. The post holder will help to ensure the smooth running of the client accounting department by effectively managing a portfolio of clients, supporting on adhoc projects and deputising for the head of client accounting as required.
- Develop a deep understanding of the workflows and processes involved in producing rural client accounting services. Including documentation, look to streamline and make more efficient
- Manage a sample portfolio of clients, this portfolio will cover sole traders, partnerships, charities and limited companies accounts
- Transition new clients onto the Carter Jonas systems giving special consideration to the reporting requirements of the client.
- Acquire a deep understanding of the nature of the residential build to rent market and be able to meet the various reporting requirements of these clients
- To develop this knowledge the job holder will be involved in transitioning these clients on to our various software systems
Other elements of the role include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of year-end financial accounts for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders, charities and trusts. The accounts are produced in excel using data from our TRAMPS and Reapit systems.
- Preparation of contract farming accounts
- Liaising with third parties (e.g., accountants) and clients in providing information and reports as required.
- Liaising with surveyors and clients over the preparation of cash flows and budgets and reconciliation thereof
- Management of our standard operating procedures
- Ensuring compliance with the RICS and HMRC regulations
- Payroll management
As with any role within the client accounting department, you will be required to undertake whatever task is necessary to provide the level of service expected by both our internal and external clients.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking someone who is ACA or ACCA qualified, with up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards with at least 2 years post qualification experience. You will have prior experience of reviewing, updating and documenting processes and systems, including experience of using workflows It is crucial to have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, be enthusiastic and pro-active with strong numeral and written analytical skills. Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills, a team worker with strong problem-solving ability. Fully computer literate with a thorough understanding of MS Office programmes including Excel, Word, and Outlook and analytical tools such as PowerBI
Ideally you will have gained substantial experience within a similar industry or reputable accountancy firm.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential.
We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm