We are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant/Administrator to join us for up to a 12 month fixed term contract to assist primarily with the purchase ledger role within our client accounts department. The role involves paying suppliers invoices on behalf of our property landlords and the software package used is TBS TRAMPS.
- Logging supplier invoices on an excel spreadsheet
- Sending the invoice for approval
- Uploading the invoice onto the TRAMPS software
- Creating weekly BACS file for payment
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Monitoring email inbox and dealing with telephone enquiries
- Uploading documents onto the TRAMPS software
- Bank reconciliation
- Posting receipts against debtor balances
- Working closely with other Carter Jonas offices in a professional and friendly manner.
- Having an understanding of the RICS regulations in respect of client accounting.
- Carrying out all administrative and ad hoc duties in connection with the role.
- Ensuring systems are updated on a timely and accurate basis to enable other departments within the organisation to manage effectively.
- Having knowledge of VAT in respect of general accounting and in respect of land and property.
- Supporting other members of the client accounting team and providing cover in periods of absence of other team members.
As with any role within the client accounting function within Carter Jonas, you will be required to work as part of the team and undertake whatever task is necessary to provide the accounts service to our internal and external clients, working closely with other Carter Jonas offices in a professional and friendly manner.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
The chosen Client Accounts Assistant will be organised, think logically, have the ability to work both supervised and unsupervised and make decisions in an effective manner, build strong working relationships, sound interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate accounts issues to non-accounting people, a professional manner with the ability to provide excellent customer service. The Accounts Assistant role requires strong IT skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook. Training will be given on the TRAMPS software and no prior knowledge of this software is required.
We are also open to considering part-time applicants (3 days per week), if you are interested in this please state this on your application.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancy’s in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
We offer a supportive working environment and a competitive salary with a fantastic benefits package.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm