Due to continued growth and successes we are excited to have created a new role for a Deputy Head of Client Accounting to join our Rural Client Accounting team in Shrewsbury or Birmingham (depending on the candidate location). The is a fantastic role for an ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant to not only to Deputise for the Head of Client Accounting but to review and strengthen internal control processes.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE ROLE:
- Conduct internal reviews of control processes within Client Accounting with a view to strengthen wherever practical and cost effective. Review workflows and systems and consider automation and digital transformation if practical and cost effective.
- Deputise for the Head of Client accounting and be responsible for the day-to-day management of the whole department.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the preparation and delivery of clients’ accounts. Work closely with the Contract Management Team providing accounting expertise and insight into major contract processes, workflow reporting, analysis and KPIs.
- Transition new clients onto the CJ systems giving special consideration to the reporting requirements of the client.
- Develop a deep understanding of the workflows and processes involved in providing residential client accounting services. including documenting those processes with a view to streamlining them and making them more efficient. This area includes residential block management.
- Support the existing management teams in providing financial advice and reporting to the clients and attending meetings with opposite numbers within the client.
- Working alongside the Head of Client Accounting in providing accounting support to tenders and mobilisation of new contracts with particular regard to the financial reporting requirements
- Working closely with CMT, other members of Client Accounting and the IT business analyst team to ensure existing and new processes, reports and analysis meet client requirements and be proactive in developing these ensuring controls and checks are in place to meet internal and external audit requirements as set out in frameworks and contracts.
- Work closely with Finance with regards to internal reporting and analyses and the development of a new Finance system based on (Microsoft Business Central)
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking someone who is ACA or ACCA qualified, with up-to-date knowledge of Accounting and Auditing standards with at least 5 years post qualification experience. You will have detailed knowledge and experience of reviewing, updating and documenting processes and systems, including experience of using workflows. Fully computer literate with a thorough understanding of MS Office programmes including Excel, Word and analytical tools such as PowerBI.
It is crucial to have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, be enthusiastic and pro-active with strong numeral and written analytical skills. Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills, a team worker with strong problem-solving ability.
It would be a an advantage if you are trained and qualified within an accountancy firm, understanding of Prince 2 or other such methodologies. Experience of preparing accounts, cash flows, budgets and VAT with a strong focus on keeping updated with technical standards and imparting that knowledge to others.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm