An exciting opportunity has arisen for a development surveyor to join our Planning & Development team in Oxford. This is a busy and varied role for a surveyor (ideally MRICS but not essential for this role) looking to embark on the next step in their development surveying career. Working within the development team, the successful surveyor will assist partners in providing clear direction, consultancy and agency advice in relation to residential and strategic development land for our public and private sector clients. Our Oxford office is based in the heart of the Summertown area, with access to park & ride. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including flexible working arrangements.
- Support the professional team with development land agency sales & acquisitions.
- Support the professional team in the negotiation of planning promotion and development agreements.
- Assist with project management of development opportunities.
- Develop relationships with clients, attend client meetings and ensure client requirements are met.
- Report writing.
- Carry out research to support professional team with client requirements.
- Support with valuations and development appraisals.
- Assist with other general professional work.
- Support the team with day to day activities.
- Develop knowledge of the Carter Jonas business structure, our clients and systems and processes.
- Take responsibility for personal development, actively seeking out opportunities to broaden skills and experience.
- Identify opportunities to develop business.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are looking for a Surveyor (ideally MRICS but not essential for this role) with experience and knowledge of residential development land agency, residential development appraisal and ideally valuations. The chosen candidate will ideally have experience of working with both private and public sector clients, with excellent written (report writing) and verbal communication skills. A strong team player and interpersonal skills.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm