Due to continued growth within the Energy and Infrastructures team, our Cambridge office now has an exciting and varied Energy Specialist role for a proactive individual. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with industry knowledge and strong negotiation skills to join an expanding national team.
The Energy Specialist will assist with the identification, negotiation, acquisition and development of energy projects across the UK. Our Energy services include Feasibility, Land Assembly, Grid Consultancy, Planning & Consenting, Energy Brokerage, Asset Management, Development Consultancy, Valuation & Due Diligence and Agency.
We are based just short walk from Cambridge station, offering an open plan and collaborative working environment. We also offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including 25 days annual leave and flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances.
- Screening of potential energy development sites, evaluation and advising on opportunities.
- Completion and / or review of screening and feasibility studies reporting on site suitability.
- Drafting, negotiating and agreeing heads of terms, and option & lease agreements.
- Completing detailed investment appraisals, due diligence and valuations.
- Identifying and delivering / referring / executing brokerage opportunities.
- Preparation, submission, and management of grid connection applications, and liaison with the Distribution Network Operators and the National Grid to secure favourable grid connections.
- Drafting press articles, publications, newsletters and research documents.
- Attending industry events & drafting press articles and publications to promote and develop business
A full job description can be available on request.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will have gained experience in the renewable energy sector for at least two years and have a sound understanding of energy technologies and the various technical and environmental constraints involved. You will have excellent project management skills along with experience of advising and managing clients across multiple projects. Strong communication skills both written and verbal are key for this role. Travel is expected and therefore a full driving licence would be required.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm