Carter Jonas are looking to expand their energy brokerage offering which currently involves the management of over 250 commercial clients’ utility contracts and export agreements. The aim of the service is to help organisations achieve the most competitive price possible for their gas or electricity contracts, reduce consumption and optimise income from their generation assets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding Energy team and be involved in a wide range of projects nationwide. As part of the role, you will mainly support the team in growing the brokerage service whilst also having the opportunity to assist the team with other energy projects across the UK such as solar PV, battery storage and EV charging station developments.
Our Leeds office is in a fantastic central location, with close access to Leeds Station. We offer a competitive salary package including flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances. We welcome applications from those seeking flexible working arrangements.
- Monitoring and tracking daily energy price movements
- Analysis of import and export prices
- Adhering to agreed Third Party Agreements with energy suppliers
- Negotiation with energy suppliers
- Discussing markets and prices movements with clients
- Deal with a wide range of queries efficiently from the beginning until the query is resolved
- Ensuring a high level of customer service at all times
- Screening of potential energy development sites and advising on opportunities
- Preparation of feasibility studies
- Attending industry shows and events & drafting press articles and publications to promote and develop business
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Highly numerate individual with the ability to analyse large sets of data
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Interest in the energy industry, markets and the renewable energy sector. Experience in the energy / utility sector would be ideal but not essential
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with a proven track record of dealing with multiple projects and clients at any one time. You will be proactive, passionate and committed with a drive to achieve successful outcomes
- Confident and professional on the phone with strong negotiation skills
- High attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all areas of work
- Ability to prioritise workload in a busy and challenging landscape
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to effectively deal with queries and build strong relationships with all stakeholders involved
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm