We are seeking an experienced GIS Developer to join our Infrastructure team on a Maternity Cover contract to maintain and develop the GIS applications that support the in-house team of GIS technicians, internal and external clients. The role will ensure that applications and data structures evolve to meet the needs of the business, and develop tools to enhance the productivity of the Carter Jonas Geo team.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of GIS architecture.
- Integrate data from 3rd party APIs into applications and utilities.
- Publish and Manage services in Arc Enterprise.
- Publish services from PostGres/OpenLayers.
- Develop external client facing applications.
- Manage technical consultants as necessary.
- Advise senior management on future software procurement.
- Line manager for one technician, and responsible for managing temporary resources on a project basis
- Generate fees from GIS research commissions and re-selling applications.
- AGILE project management and development of web mapping applications and geo-processing tools
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
In order to be considered for this GIS Developer role you will have a relevant Degree in GIS or Computer Science, or substantial equivalent experience. You will have advanced WebGIS, GIS database and application development. Experience of coaching technicians on best practice and scripting, plus an understanding of client/server architecture, high performance computing, scalable software and big data. As a GIS Developer you will be an expert in the deployment of the full ESRI suite of applications, ideally in a large consultancy or public body. You will be able to demonstrate programming and software development skills. A valid UK driving licence and willingness to travel to other Carter Jonas offices will be required.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm