Carter Jonas are a Property Consultancy business with an established and well-regarded Energy Team who advise Landowners and Developers on the promotion and development of all manner of energy generation, storage and EV charging projects. The team are currently advising clients on the development of over 5GW of solar capacity. Due to continued growth within the Infrastructure & Energy team our Leeds office has an exciting and varied role for an experienced proactive individual. This is an excellent opportunity for a Grid connections specialist to join an expanding Energy team to lead on our grid consultancy service offering nationwide.
- Team lead for our grid consultancy service offering
- Developing relationships with DNOs, iDNOs, DSOs, NGET and National Grid ESO
- Review of heat maps and strategy plans to identify grid connection opportunities for renewable developments and EV charging infrastructure
- Identification and analysis of different grid connection options both for landowners and developers
- System design and identification of low-risk cost-effective solutions
- Advising on grid connection costs and application fees
- Preparation and submission of grid connection applications and their associated ENA forms
- Technical review of grid connection offers
- Negotiation with network operators to reduce grid connection costs & timetables
- Negotiation of grid connection wayleave and easements
- Project management of grid connection works
- Valuation and Investment due diligence in relation to grid connections
- Representation on expert panels and proactive input to relevant industry body working groups
- Attendance at industry events & drafting press articles and publications to promote and develop business
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking a Grid Connections Specialist who has a proven track record of experience in energy grid connections, they will have sound knowledge of the technical aspects of the various energy technologies with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. The chosen candidate will hold strong project management skills and a dull clean driving licence. It is important to be a team player, however self motivated with drive to succeed.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm