- Take on quality property to let and provide advice to prospective landlords
- Generate and develop new lettings instructions, overseeing creative marketing campaigns
- Carry out market appraisals
- Manage the team, supporting team members to achieve their potential & to ensure objectives are met/exceeded
- Maintain our CRM system - REAPIT
- Network and establish / develop Carter Jonas presence within the community
- Arrange first and final inventories and prepare dilapidation reports
- Oversee the seeking and vetting of prospective tenants
- Follow our Residential Lettings SOPs and keep abreast of relevant tenancy legislation and relay to team
- Provide a high level of efficiency and customer service to all clients
- Oversee the day to day administration, ensure correct procedures are followed and review better working practices
- Manage properties and overseeing all documentation
- Create and manage the budget
- Chase rent arrears
- Prepare Management Board reports
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
In order to be considered for our Head of Lettings role you must have experience within the residential lettings market, have previous team management experience, sound knowledge of legislation and excellent customer and communication skills. IT literacy, a strong team player and high attention to detail is also important for this role.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.