We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a Head of Sustainability to join our professional team in implementing the Carter Jonas Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategy to enable us to meet our objectives to become a truly sustainable business and deliver our KPI’s. The role holder will also help us establish how sustainability can make a positive impact on the existing work streams within the Carter Jonas business and advise on which new work streams which should be developed.
- To ensure that Carter Jonas adopts best in class approach to sustainability within its own corporate dealings/operation.
- To advise the Management Board on the implications of developing and adopting/implementing our strategy
- To develop an internal education programme to ensure that all of our people understand, embrace and adopt a sustainable approach to their professional and hopefully personal lives.
- To chair the Carter Jonas Sustainable Group in the development of the above working practices.
Business development / Strategy
- To understand and detail the current skill sets and understanding of sustainability within Carter Jonas that are relevant to a Sustainability workflow being developed within the firm.
- To research and understand what Carter Jonas believe their client base requires from a sustainability offer and to then research and interview the Carter Jonas client base to understand what service lines and advice that they require from a sustainability offer.
- To advise/comment on the scale of the Sustainability market, what the market is for professional services, who the competitors are and recommend what ‘offer’ Carter Jonas should make to the market to capture market share.
- To provide a timetable and business plan for the two stages detailed above, which would include a resource plan and budget for delivering the initial piece of work.
- Provide a recommendation on where the Sustainability offer should sit within Carter Jonas to ensure that it generates the most traction through collaborative working.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking a Head of Sustainability who has experience of developing and delivering a successful sustainability strategy, those with similar job titles to Sustainability Manager or Director or those who have been involved in Environmental and Energy senior project management positions. The chosen candidate will have a successful track record in developing relationships with existing and potential clients, have the ability to identify and deliver additional fee-earning opportunities and hold project management skills.
You will have drive and ambition to achieve and be part of a successful team within a successful firm. Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must, along with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Microsoft Office skills are required.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm