We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Systems Engineer to join our professional IT team in Peterborough to provide user friendly support and development for the business, including network infrastructure, hardware, line of business applications and telecoms.
The chosen candidate will be expected to provide support and development for a fully integrated Microsoft domain infrastructure across all offices.
- Fault determination and resolution in the event of a hardware/software failure which may include third party liaison. On-site visits when required to resolve the issue.
- Provide installation, administration, maintenance including backup verification across diverse systems which include Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure, Azure, Office 365, Hyper V, SharePoint, Exchange Online and other systems such as SCCM 2007/2012 and SCOM.
- Provide support to all users using Microsoft desktops.
- Administer, monitor and report from Administer McAfee’s antivirus systems used to protect and enforce governance across the firm
- Provide support and administration for the company document management system iManage Filesite.
You will be expected to provide Microsoft Office support to a high level to all staff on an as needed basis. After appropriate training you will also be expected to offer 1st and 2nd line support on the firm’s specialised applications including NAV, CRM and Concur.
HELP DESK SUPPORT:
Provide in a professional manner telephone and email 2nd and 3rd line support, recording, fixing and escalating to third party hardware and software providers as necessary. You will then be expected to follow through with appropriate fix or fixes as advised until problem resolution.
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU:
- Sound interpersonal skills
- A professional attitude with the ability to provide concise and knowledgeable helpdesk support
- Ability to stay calm and work methodically and accurately when under pressure
- As an IT professional you will have access to highly sensitive and confidential data and will be expected to be diligent and discrete whilst carrying out your duties
- A friendly and approachable team player
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment where flexibility is essential
- A professional outlook with regard to appearance, behaviour and attitude
- Willingness to tackle a variety of IT tasks with common sense and enthusiasm
- Enjoys taking the initiative while seeking advice and support when appropriate
- Flexibility during 3rd line support issues
- MCSE/MCITP or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of Azure, Active Directory, GPO’s, Microsoft SQL and 365.
- Good appreciation of LAN/WAN infrastructures
- Good appreciation of Switches, VLANS and Routers
- Good appreciation of IT Security including state full and packet filtering Firewalls
- An understanding of emerging technologies
- Additionally a working knowledge of iManage Filesite would be a distinct advantage
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancy’s in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm