We have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Systems Engineer to join our professional IT team in Peterborough supporting a diverse range of systems and customers across our 34 offices. You will provide user friendly support and development to the business, including network infrastructure, hardware, line of business applications and telecoms for a fully integrated Microsoft domain infrastructure.
- Completing IT project activities and taking technical lead where required.
- Fault determination and resolution in the event of a hardware/software failure which may include third party liaison. On-site visits when required to resolve the issue.
- Provide installation, administration, maintenance including backup verification across diverse systems which include Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure, Remote Desktop Servers, Azure, Hyper-V, SharePoint, Office365, iSCSI SAN devices and other systems such as Microsoft System Center (SCCM, SCOM, DPM, VMM)
- Create technical documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for handover of services to the support team.
- Provide support to all users using MS Windows desktops and laptops (up to Windows 10).
- Administer, monitor and where required report from security systems inclusive of Mimecast email managed service, Websense Web Security cloud and McAfee Antivirus and Data Loss Protection to protect and enforce governance across the firm.
You will be expected to provide Microsoft Office support to a high level to all staff on an as needed basis. After appropriate training you will also be expected to offer 1st and 2nd line support on the firm’s specialised applications including Dynamics CRM and NAV, SAP Concur and Rekoop.
Provide in a professional manner telephone and email 2nd and 3rd line support (1st line cover where needed), recording, fixing and escalating to third party hardware and software providers as necessary. You will then be expected to follow through with appropriate fix or fixes as advised until problem resolution.
- MCSE/MCITP certification.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and backup solutions.
- Working knowledge of VMWare, Hyper-V, SAN technology and SQL Server.
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructures. (including Switches, VLANS, Firewalls and Routers.)
- Desirable: Azure, Office365, DMS (iManage), SCCM and SCOM.
WHAT WE REQUIRE FROM YOU:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A professional and positive attitude with the ability to provide concise and knowledgeable 3rd line support.
- Ability to stay calm and work methodically and accurately when under pressure.
- Experience in taking a technical lead.
- Keeping up to date with the IT industry, using your knowledge to highlight and implement new ideas and systems.
- Ability to travel throughout our extensive office network.
- A friendly and approachable team player, able to work with the wider team to resolve issues.
- Flexibility out of hours during 3rd line support issues, site visits, maintenance windows and projects.
Salary range £35,000-£40,000.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancy’s in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm