We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Land Agent to assist our Rural Partners with the day to day management of several institutional and private estates including diverse rural estates across East Anglia. The role will also include identifying and developing new business opportunities.
This is a great opportunity for a RICS qualified Agent to get involved with some really interesting and varied projects, to name a few we have recently completed a compliance project including residential and forestry policy for an estate client, conducted a tax valuation of a 4,000 acre estate with commercial, long term development and main house, negotiation of surrender of AHA leases including new FBT’s sales of residential units and development by the landlord of surrendered assets. We have also given CPO advise to a client on the edge of Cambridge and given long term strategic advice to an environmental charity including carbon potential and biodiversity net gain.
- Managing day-to-day Estate Management
- General management of Agricultural and Residential tenancies, some Commercial lets, sporting and forestry
- Identifying maintenance requirements and setting up/managing Planned Maintenance Programmes
- Development of diversification ideas including renewables and other business opportunities
- Preparation of Digital Plans and implementation of Computerised Estate Terrier
- Pro-actively participate in the development of a strong team.
- Actively assist in the development and implementation of efficient, ‘best practice’ internal systems and processes, optimising IT and other resources.
- Strategically work with other departments to develop new sales opportunities and to maintain consistency and efficiency.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
To be considered for this Land Agent role you must be RICS qualified, be self motivated to succeed, be an excellent team player with exceptional interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients. As a Land Agent you will have good negotiating and presentational skills with the ability to multi-task effectively to meet deadlines. It is desirable that you have a CAAV qualification and experience within Rural valuations but not essential. Experience in portfolio management of estates will be an advantage, but not required.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm