We are seeking Land Officers to join our Rural division, the role plays a pivotal part in the preparation and delivery of construction works on major infrastructure projects in the rural environment. The Land Officer acts as an intermediary between landowners/tenants, the contractor, and the client to ensure that works are being delivered in compliance with legal agreements, consents and approved construction methodologies to minimise disruption to agricultural operations. This role will work closely with existing land consultants and bring in-depth agricultural knowledge.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Act as the primary conduit for information between Landowners and occupiers, the client and the contractors on site for land and property related issues throughout construction of linear infrastructure projects
- Carry out site meetings familiarising yourself with landowners, occupiers, their holdings and the individual requirements of each holding ahead of construction works
- Liaise with landowners and occupiers with respect to field entrances and access to construction strips and managing/ facilitating access to landlocked or severed land parcels
- Co-ordinating and overseeing drainage surveys and sharing pre and post construction drainage schemes with landowners, occupiers and agents
- Co-ordinating condition schedules including soil and contamination surveys
- Discussing and agreeing with landowners the location and installation of proposed infrastructure on land during the design process
- Coordinating the provision of detailed pre- and post-construction condition surveys to be used as a baseline in any compensation claims/disputes with the landowner and/or contractor
- Negotiating Licences to enable the temporary occupation of land during construction
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are looking for Land Officers / Agricultural Liaison Officers who have excellent team orientated interpersonal skills and experience of communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients, with the ability to multi-task effectively to meet deadlines. Able to communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients both verbally and in writing. Be self-motivated and ambitious.
- Practical agricultural knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of forestry and equestrian issues, preferable not essential
- Experience working with landowners and agricultural businesses, stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge of the compulsory acquisition process
- Experience working on linear infrastructure projects, construction and construction contracts
- Ideally you will have a working knowledge of land related computer packages
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm