We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Land Referencer to join our growing hub office in Birmingham to deliver detailed, high quality land ownership information to our clients. You will gather this information by researching Land Registry records and Ordnance Survey maps, searching various databases, interviewing land owners and their agents.
Support the consent winning activity for nationally significant infrastructure schemes by, creating plans and other legal documents showing parties that will be affected by development.
- Geo-referencing and digitising features from CAD and paper plans.
- Desktop and contact tracing of affected parties.
- Data management, collection, interpretation and analysing land data.
- Ensure maintenance of land referencing database.
- Verify and update planning designation layers.
- Production of clear and accurate plans, and of books of reference.
- Site visits to conduct door knocking exercise and post notices.
- Communicate clearly and compassionately with members of the public.
- support the acquisition team with property cost analysis and potential relocation of displaced persons
- publish web mapping applications
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
In order to be considered for this Land Referencing opportunity you will ideally be qualified with a relevant degree, have previous work experience within cadastral information and the land referencing field. Must be competent GIS operator, some knowledge of SQL databases and scripting would be ideal along with being a competent Microsoft Office user. Knowledge of projects involving use of compulsory purchase would be an advantage, but not essential.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm