We are recruiting Land Referencers in our Birmingham Hub as part of our Land Assembly practice. The land referencer plays a critical role in getting consent for infrastructure and regeneration projects. They perform due diligence checks to make sure that no-one is dispossessed of rights to own or use land without having had the opportunity to consulted and to raise an objection. They do this by seeking out parties who may be Freeholders, Leaseholders, occupiers or casual users and producing statutory documents that could go before a court. There is a large mapping element to the job as well the opportunity to do field work in interesting places.
- Liaising with stakeholders to record land ownership data. Answering calls with interested parties and members of the public.
- Using Land registry, Companies House, TraceIQ and 192.com to identify occupiers of land and property.
- Submit enquiries to Land Registry.
- Submit enquiries to Utility Providers.
- Data management, collection, interpretation and analysing land data. Process the details of the owner/tenant into a database using simple forms. Analyses and process any covenants/restrictions on the use of the land.
- Ensure maintenance of land referencing database.
- Georeference title plans in ArcMap.
- Use ArcGIS to create Land Parcels.
- Issuing and processing land interest questionnaires to potentially affected parties.
- Site Visiting. Gathering information for unregistered interests via door knocking exercise.
- Posting of Site Notices. Walking the boundary of a scheme to erect notices informing the public of an intended permanent or temporary use of land for an infrastructure or development project.
- Safety Training. Understand lone worker and field survey risk assessments and implement safe systems of work as directed. Conduct sign on/off from site work and regular status updates.
- Complete affidavits and certificates as evidence that work has been completed.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
Previous land referencing experience is not necessary as full training will be given. You will be able to demonstrate familiarity with GIS for the digitisation of information from scanned-in plans. A robust person, able to navigate, drive and walk countryside routes. A self-starter who wants to learn, and who cares about quality. You will be trained and mentored to improve GIS skills, specifically the use of ESRI desktop GIS software.
WHY CHOOSE CARTER JONAS?
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm