We are excited to be expanding our Land Referencing team in Birmingham, due to successful growth. The role of gathering information about land and people affected by the development of infrastructure is a key part of the planning process. Successful candidates will become part of an established land referencing team that has a substantial track record of delivering quality services.
- Case management and investigations into the interests of affected parties.
- Geo-referencing and digitising features from CAD and paper plans into ArcGIS.
- Data management, collection, interpretation and analysing land data.
- Inputting and maintaining data within the database.
- Verify and update relevant mapping layers.
- Production of clear and accurate legal documentation such as, order plans, books of reference, notices and schedules.
- Site visits to conduct door knocking exercise and post notices.
- Communicate clearly and compassionately with members of the public.
- Attendance of client/stakeholder meetings.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
The chosen land referencers will have a relevant degree in geography/planning a valid UK driving licence and willingness to travel to rural and urban land referencing locations. Relevant work experience in property and planning would be an advantage, ideally in the production of books of reference, order plans, notices, and schedules.
Knowledge of projects involving use of compulsory purchase would be an advantage (such as, Transport and Works Act, Compulsory Purchase Act, and the Planning Act).
We are seeking land referencers who are competent GIS users (preferably ArcGIS) who are able to collect, interpret and use land ownership data in a variety of formats. Competency in the use of Microsoft Office also required.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave. Our people undertake continued professional development leading to recognised qualifications as a Chartered Surveyor or Geographer. Candidates who show exceptional potential in their probation period will be enrolled onto the Carter Jonas CPO academy.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm