We are looking to recruit a Management Accountant on a 12-month fixed term contract to support our Finance team based in Peterborough. This is an excellent opportunity for a CIMA qualified accountant looking for a new challenge. The post holder will report into the Finance Manager and will work alongside our existing Management Accountant to ensure the timely preparation of monthly management accounts, assist in the preparation of the year-end financial accounts and the annual budgetary process.The post holder will provide accurate and timely financial management information. This role will be central in the drive for the Finance Team to add value to the business
- Accurate and timely production of the Firms monthly management accounts.
- Producing high quality analysis that provides an insight into business performance.
- Ad hoc analysis arising from the management accounts using the analytical tools such as Power BI where appropriate.
- Providing the point of contact for the Firm to resolve accounting queries.
- Reviewing purchase ledger payments
- Posting of month end entries including commission accruals.
- Providing support to the year-end Statutory Accounts and external audit.
- Providing support as Finance moves onto Business Central and other Finance software
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the production of the Firms annual budget
- There is an ever-increasing demand for accurate and timely information as well as developing and maintaining processes and procedures using up to date technology. The job holder will be required to take on a variety of tasks set by the Finance Director, Financial Controller and Finance Manager
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking someone who is CIMA qualified and at least 2 years post qualification experience. You will have strong reconciliation skills and ideally you will have gained substantial experience within a similar industry or reputable accountancy firm.
It is crucial to have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, be enthusiastic and pro-active with strong numeral and written analytical skills. Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills, a team worker with strong problem-solving ability. Fully computer literate with a thorough understanding of MS Office programmes including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Ideally, you will have experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software and recognised reporting tools such as Precision and Power BI.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm