We are recruiting a Lettings Negotiator to join our experienced team of professionals in our Wandsworth Common office, this is a great opportunity for someone with some previous lettings experience looking for a new challenge within a role with excellent career prospects.
The Negotiator will be responsible for registering and managing a list of applicants ensuring they are regularly contacted and offered new properties, producing lettings paperwork and ensure that the tenancies are compliant and let in accordance with our Residential letting SOPS.
- Register applicants on our software package (REAPIT)
- Maintain regular contact with applicants and ensure they are offered suitable properties
- Set up viewings and accompany applicants on viewings
- Source properties from other agents (where possible)
- Network, search for and develop new business opportunities
- Ensure the SOPs for Residential Lettings are adhered too
- Operate in accordance to current Legislation and ensure legal requirements are met ie in relation to gas safety, EPCs, furniture, Deposit registration ect
- Provide information and advice to potential and existing landlords and tenants
- Carry out Market appraisals when required
- Complete the take-on process for successful appraisals i.e. photograph property and enter all landlords details on our lettings software
- Liaise with clients throughout the marketing and letting process providing regular feedback
- Follow up viewings and provide feedback to our Landlords
- Deal with and negotiate offers when received
- Produce lettings paperwork
- Arrange inventories, cleaning and required certificates
- Ensure cleared funds, signed agreements and safety certificates are in place prior to move-in
- Professionally greet and deal with the general public in the office and assist with general telephone enquiries
- Cover for other members of staff as required particularly during holiday periods
- Monitor and chase rent arrears
- Attend weekly office meetings
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
In order to be considered for this Lettings Negotiator role you must have previous experience within lettings with strong communication and negotiation skills, be highly organised with strong administrative and IT skills. It would be advantageous if the lettings Negotiator has knowledge of the local property market.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 33 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 800 partners and staff.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
At Carter Jonas, ‘Simply Better Advice’ is a statement that unites everyone in our business behind a common purpose. It is a commitment to our customers that we will work harder for them, constantly striving to provide the best advice in the market.
Voted one of the Best Places to work in Property in 2018 and accredited with a Gold Investors in People award, we are proud of our values and what they stand for; chosen by our very own employees:
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We endeavour to create the closest of relations with our Partners and employees, which we measure via our annual Employee Satisfaction Survey. At a national level we aim to ensure equal opportunities in the workplace and create a supportive and inclusive culture to encourage diversity and which underpins our core values of Approachable, Effective and Ambitious.
We want to ensure all of our employees are provided with the right support and guidance to optimise their performance. We offer a wide variety of Learning & Development, as well as structured career paths for professionals. In the last two years, we have launched our Diversity & Inclusion Network, Health & Wellbeing sites as well as our CJ Family Network.