We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and highly motivated Negotiator to join our Lettings team in our vibrant and busy office in York. The ideal candidate will be a team player, organised, computer literate and ideally with some lettings or relevant experience – we will consider experienced and not so experienced candidates and tailor the role accordingly.
This position is to assist the cover of a Maternity leave and will be for a minimum period of 12 months with the potential to extend in line with business requirements.
Your main objective is to let multiple properties, network for new instructions, and meet individual and team targets. Assisting in growing and developing the branch, some of your daily tasks will include registering and managing our list of applicants ensuring regular contact, producing lettings paperwork, and ensuring that the tenancies are compliant.
- Register applicants on our software package (REAPIT)
- Maintain regular contact with your applicants and ensure they are offered suitable properties
- Set up viewings and accompany applicants on multiple viewings
- Network, search for and develop new business opportunities
- Operate in accordance to current Legislation
- Provide information, advice and feedback to potential and existing landlords and tenants
- Carry out Market appraisals when required
- Complete the take-on process for successful appraisals
- Liaise with clients throughout the marketing and letting process providing regular feedback
- Follow up viewings and provide feedback to our Landlords
- Deal with and negotiate offers when received
- Produce lettings paperwork
- Ensure cleared funds, references completed, signed contracts and correct compliance are in place prior to move-in
- Professionally greet and deal with the general public in the office and assist with general enquiries.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
The successful Negotiator will have a proven property or lettings background, resilience, and strong organisational skills to successfully manage individual and office targets. Experience of the local area residential lettings market is desirable. You must have exceptional customer service, be computer literate and have the ability to take initiative in a confident and personable manner.
A Full Driving License and transport is required.
WHY CHOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm