We are seeking an experienced, motivated and highly professional Sales Negotiator to generate new sales business and to negotiate profitable sales within our office in Cambridge, contributing to the success of Carter Jonas by cross-selling other opportunities, understanding the functions of and communicating effectively with other departments.
The chosen negotiator will be responsible for supporting the excellent reputation of Carter Jonas by providing a consistently high level of service to clients and be a positive influence within the team helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment.
- Generate market appraisals, developing new business and handling own portfolio of clients to achieve or exceed agreed targets (working in conjunction with other Carter Jonas offices on joint instructions as required)
- Converting appraisals to sales instructions
- Pro-active applicant management and communication, maximising the use of databases such as Reapit to ensure all applicant details are up to date and a successful source of potential sale instructions
- Maintain strong, effective relationships with vendors and applicants
- Liaise with prospective purchasers, vendors and viewing staff, arranging and accompany viewings, market appraisals, and negotiate offers
- Maintain vendor feedback and communicate with vendors
- Prepare mail out and talking to prospective purchasers at the beginning of marketing of a new property
- Applicant management
- Contribute to general running and profitability of the sales department
- Actively identify and develop new marketing and business development opportunities
- Consistently maintain a high standard of record keeping and communications to ensure accuracy in file management, communications and compliance
To be considered for the sales negotiator role, you must have exceptional customer service and communication skills and strong sales experience, working in a real estate sales environment, with comprehensive knowledge of the residential property market. You must be comfortable with multi-tasking and working under pressure to meet deadlines, computer literate and have the ability to take initiative in a confident and personable manner.
Experience and/or knowledge of the Cambridge area residential market would be advantageous.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm