Carter Jonas is one of the leading estate agents in Suffolk, known for our local expertise and highly personalised service. Operating from our office in Long Melford, the team advises on the marketing, sale and let of country houses, cottages and equestrian properties throughout Suffolk and the borders. We are looking to appoint a new member of our Residential sales team in Long Melford to generate new business and negotiate profitable sales.
The chosen Negotiator will be required to generate market appraisals, developing new business and handle their own portfolio of clients to achieve or exceed agreed targets (working in conjunction with other CJ offices on joint instructions as required). Converting appraisals to sales instructions, pro-active applicant management and communication, maximising the use of databases such as Reapit to ensure all applicant details are up to date and a successful source of potential sale instructions.
You must be able to maintain strong, effective relationships with vendors and applicants , liaise with prospective purchasers, vendors and viewing staff, arrange viewing appointments, market appraisals, and negotiate offers . Maintain vendor feedback and communicate with vendors.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- Confidently contribute to general running and profitability of the sales department
- Be able to actively identify and develop new marketing and business development opportunitiesBe a positive influence within the team helping to maintain a mutually supportive and team orientated environment
- Have at least 2 years Sales Negotiation experience (knowledge of the local Suffolk property market will be an advantage)
- You will be an excellent communicator with exceptional customer service skills
- You must be comfortable with working in a fast paced environment and be able to multi-task
- A strong team player
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential.
We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm