An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planner to join our growing London team. The roles will focus on a variety of planning matters, enhancing existing client relationships and securing new clients to contribute to the Planning team's financial objectives. The role will also include strategic land promotions/housing land numbers and local plan promotion for landowners with a portfolio of sites.Based at our headquarters, One Chapel Place, the successful candidate will be centrally located with access to excellent transport links. We offer an excellent salary package as well excellent benefits including 25 days annual leave, pension contribution and life assurance.
- The provision of professional planning advice to clients on a variety of planning matters
- Negotiations with local authorities and other statutory undertakers on behalf of clients on planning applications and other planning related matters
- Preparing and submitting grounds for appeal
- Written representations, informal hearings and public inquiry appeals
- Prepare and submit applications for Certificates of Lawfulness
- Preparing and submitting Local Plan representations and taking them through the adoption process
- Making representations on behalf of clients to Local Plans through evidence at Local Plan Inquiries Contributing towards the smooth running of the Planning & Development Division and Carter Jonas.
- Providing advice to clients
- Project managing the input of different consultants into the planning process
- Undertaking detailed negotiations with local authorities and other statutory bodies on planning and related matters
- Reviewing and responding to third party representations. Working closely with the Masterplanning/ Architectural Department in preparation of detailed plans for development schemes
- Working with other departments of Carter Jonas to provide a range of services and professional advice to enable clients to make the right decision
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
We are seeking someone who is ideally RTPI qualified with experience in a planning environment. You will have knowledge of the London market and will thrive off developing your skills within a Planning & Development team. You will have some experience in strategic land or an interest to gain exposure to this area. You will have the ability to develop new and existing client relationships as well as having an understanding of compute hardware and software programs such as GIS, Microsoft Office and internet applications.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 900 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm