This is an exciting time to be joining Carter Jonas’s Planning & Development Team in Oxford as it looks to grow its business across the South. Eager to grow your career, in a client led environment, we can offer you a diverse client base with significant projects and interesting work. We offer competitive salary and benefits, a friendly & supportive working environment and the scope to realise your full potential.
The main purpose of the role will be to work with senior members of the Planning & Development Team in the preparation of planning appraisals, site assessments, planning applications, local plan representations and appeal statements. Working as part of the wider team in developing new client and consultant relationships and enhancing existing relationships. Generally contributing towards achieving the financial and other objectives of the Town Planning Consultancy’s Business Plans.
To assist and at the discretion of the Partner in charge to assume direct responsibility for carrying out:
- The provision of professional planning advice to clients on a variety of planning matters
- Negotiations with local authorities and other statutory undertakers on behalf of clients on planning applications and planning and other related matters
- Written representations, informal hearings and public inquiry appeals
- Representations on behalf of clients to local plans through evidence at local plan enquiries
- To contribute towards the efficient running of the Town Planning Consultancy, the Development Division and Carter Jonas.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time
- Provide advice to clients on planning potential of site
- Undertake detailed negotiations with local authorities and other statutory bodies on planning and related matters
- Prepare layout plans for development schemes
- Work in close partnership with the Architectural Department in preparation of detailed plans for development schemes
- Work in close partnership with other departments of Carter Jonas to provide a range of services and professional advice to enable clients to make the right decision
- Prepare and submit planning applications
- Prepare statutory declarations
- Prepare and submit applications for Certificates of Lawfulness, proposed or existing
- Prepare and submit grounds for appeal
- Prepare statements in support of grounds of appeal
- Give evidence at informal hearing appeals
- To be expert planning witness at public inquiry appeals
- Lodge objections / support to local plans at appropriate stage through Local Plan Process
- Prepare statements in support of Local Plan Objections
- Give evidence at local plan inquiries either at informal hearing or as expert planning witness and advocate at the inquiry
- Prepare planning appraisals and general development principles plans of development sites
To be successful in this role we are seeking an MRTPI qualified Planner with consultancy or local authority background, you will have experience of appointing and managing different consultants, have excellent report and letter writing skills, with a strong level of numeracy. Interpersonal skills are required with an ability to explain planning issues to colleagues, the client, the public and local authority officers, sound overarching knowledge of planning law and procedures.
WHY CHOOSE US:
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and 25 days annual leave.
As an equal opportunities employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us, we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, that’s why 80% of our business is from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 36 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 700 partners and staff.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice has enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work and our culture is collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering the use of technology within the property industry making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm